Thursday, March 26, 2015

So Much Has Happened

As you have noticed, those of you that follow this blog, I have been "MIA" for quite a while. I post more regularly on my new blog www.teresakogut.com so please join me over there :)

My last post was August 2014.....so much has happened since then. The last half of 2014 was not so good. My sweet endearing Dad fought and lost his battle with cancer Dec 18th and life as I knew it will never be the same. I have never experience that deep deep grief. I am doing better these days but I think of him throughout every day and visit him in my dreams. I am blessed to have my faith to lean on and help me through such devastating life events. I seriously don't know how people without faith cope. A few weeks ago I attended another family member's funeral and the pastor said something that really stuck with me, "Grieve, but don't grieve like those without hope".  I have hope. Hope to see my Dad again one day in paradise. I miss him terribly but I know he's right where God wants him; at rest, in peace, with Him.


______________________________________________

In January of 2015, Dawn and Dick Rossell, shopkeepers of Holly Hills Primitives (HHP), asked if I would like to open a "shop within a shop". I immediately said YES! They also invited Kris Miller of Spruce Ridge Studios to do the same so now Kris and I share a large room inside HHP. Below are some photos of our new shop!





Here is Kris Miller's beautiful wool and hooked rugs!





So if you are looking for gifts, a guardian angel for your home, rug patterns, wool, rug hooking supplies, punchneedle patterns, cross stitch patterns or punchneedle supplies, C'mon out to Holly Hills Primitives, 105 Civic Dr, Holly Michigan. 

Also, Kris and I are offering classes almost every month!  Beginner punchneedle, rug hooking, and more! Call Dawn at HHP (248) 634-7040 for more details.

 -------------------------------------------------------

We have a new family member. Athena joined us just yesterday. She is a 7 month old lab-pitbull-boxer mix. She is smart as a whip! Our friend's son, Vinnie, was sad to have to give her to us but he is moving and couldn't take her with him. Well, he found her a good home. She will be spoiled here and will have 5 acres to run and play. It's been a long time since I had a puppy....I forgot how much attention they need!  (btw....Daisy and the chickens aren't too thrilled)


Those are the three major changes in my life since last August. I will try to post more often. Blessings to you all!

Teresa

1 comment:

  1. I love the booth displays and wonderful to team up with Kris.
    It is hard when we lose those we love and I agree, it is faith and hope that get us through the tough days. I got a pup, this year too and I forgot how much work and energy I need to keep up with him, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete