Saturday, January 26, 2013

here we go again

Happy Saturday everyone. My website is down until Monday....at least I hope Monday it is up and running again. 

Last year I spent many many hours building my own website. I wanted a website that I could make changes to at any moment, add new products and have the home page be more like a blog and easily updated. I loved it when I was finished and I was pretty proud of myself for figuring it all out on my own.

Well.....only to find out recently that if you build a website on wordpress.com, it can only be a blog and you are not allowed to do any ecommerce. oops! Guess I didn't read the fine print. You have to go through wordpress.org if you want to sell products on your website. Soooo, last week, I transferred my domain name...and bought a few new domain names through godaddy, then I chose hostgator to host my site. Now I am in the process of exporting my website from wordpress.com to hostgator. I really hope and pray when I import my website to hostgator that all my content is there and I won't have to start from ground zero. 

I do plan, however, to make many changes to my website in the near future. I want to simplify the shop and add new pages. I also plan to treat the homepage more like a blog and update it two to three times a week. Anyway....if you happen to go to my website and it wasn't there......this would be why. So here we go again.....working towards bigger and better things!!!

Wishing you a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment