Tuesday, July 31, 2012

my first attempt


at cross stitch! Thanks a million to my generous best bud, Jann. She was so patient and thorough when showing me how to cross stitch last night. She created this cute lil' primitive jack o' for me to learn with since there are only three colors and not much detail. She also had me stitching on Klostern until I get the hang of it, then we will move to 32 ct linen. I plan to stitch two of these before moving to linen just to make sure I know it well. 

Once I stitch this adorable lil' guy onto linen, I should be ready to start transferring my punchneedle designs into cross stitch patterns! Yahoo! I am very inspired and really enjoyed sitting under Jann's grape arbor stitching, visiting and sharing a glass of pinot......until the mosquitoes ran us off!

Thanks again, Jann! Looking forward to our next class ;)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you never cross stitched, lol. I use a program to transfer mine, but I do like to try them first to see how they look, done up.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete