Thursday, October 27, 2011

happy 74th

Happy Birthday! We love you Dad!

We celebrated my Dad's 74th birthday with a delicious dinner and a yummy coconut cake (& pumpkin pie, too!!). My Mom went all out! Of course while eating seconds of EVERYTHING, I remembered there would be dessert........as you can imagine I was stuffed!!! Speaking of stuffed....I want to share with you my Aunt Marsha's crock pot stuffing recipe which was on the menu for Dad's birthday.....it is THE MOST amazing comfort food on the planet!!

CROCK POT DRESSING
(I always say "stuffing" instead of "dressing"......must be a northern vs. southern thang)

2 or three chicken breasts, boiled and chopped
1 small pan corn bread, crumbled
2 to 3 cups chicken broth
4 eggs
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 onion chopped
1 cup chopped celery
1 stick butter (or enough to took onion & celery in)

4 slices of bread, crumbled
1 Tbsp sage or poultry seasoning
salt & pepper to taste

Saute onion & celery in butter. Combine all ingredients. Mix well. Pour into greased crock pot. Cook on high for 30 minutes. Stir & cook on low 3 to 4 hours. Moist & Delicious!! (thank you, Aunt Marsha)



No comments:

Post a Comment