Thursday, October 13, 2011

lovin' some grungy primitive.....

"Merry Halloween"
10x10 acrylic on cradled board
©Teresa Kogut, all rights reserved

Ok, blogger friends.......those of you who follow my blog can see that my art is all over the place!! I use to worry about this.....thinking maybe I should be more focused on a "look" or "style". As far back as I can remember, I have loved all kinds of art. I can appreciate different mediums.... oil, acrylic, pastel, watercolor, collage, mix media and different styles......landscape, portrait, whimsical, primitive, realism, etc. It only makes sense that I like to dabble in all different kinds of art as well.

One of my favorite things to do is visit art galleries. It's a delight for the eyes...... I stand in front of a painting for several minutes to look at the brush strokes and detail, just soaking it all in while everyone else is moving on. Recently, while on our anniversary trip, Kevin and I were visiting a gallery in Sutton's Bay and we were admiring a talented artist's versatility. He painted in different mediums and in a few different styles.....all done very well. It made me feel more at ease with the fact that I do the same thing.....so now instead of feeling like I should focus on a specific "look", I am embracing my versatility. 

3 comments:

  1. I think working with different mediums gives us a break so that we can explore our creativity more. If i do the same thing all the time, I get stagnant and bored;) I love your new piece.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love it! Variety is the spice of life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! Too funny that you mentioned the word "bored", Debbie....that is me as well....gotta keep it fresh and exciting!

    ReplyDelete