Saturday, October 29, 2011

halloween decor










Yay, I did it!!! Not quite as extensively as I could have but the house is lookin' very Halloweenish ;) I still have a lot of pieces that didn't make the cut this year and I didn't take pictures of everything that I put out this year (gotta save stuff for next year's blog post, right?) but I am sharing some of my faves. I hosted a Mary Kay party last night and took the entire day off to clean and make food. I was so mad at myself this morning when I realized I didn't take pictures during the party or of the delicious food that I made and my wonderful friends made...all displayed in Halloween dishes! Oh well, like I said...save some stuff for next year's post, lol!

I can't forget to show you Buster and Daisy sporting their Halloween bandannas. They were groomed yesterday for the party.....they enjoyed the guests too.....although by the looks of Buster, he must have gotten into the wine!




Last but most importantly, I'd like to share with you one of my favorite sweet treats that my dear Grandma Terry use to make. Hello Dollies were just one of the delicious treats Grandma showered us with when we went to visit her. It was also one of the many hors d'oeuvres last night. (I even ate a couple this morning with my coffee!)  Another down home Missouri recipe.........

Hello Dollies
by Grandma Terry

1 stick butter
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I just use the entire bag)
1 cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts)
1 can (15 oz) sweetened condensed milk

Melt butter in 9 x13 pan. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs, coconut, choc chips and nuts on top and in the order given. Pour milk over all. Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool and cut into squares. Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Love your decor, really nicely done, with just the right touches.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK! You're in trouble for tempting me with SUGAR! LOL! They look scrumptious! And those doggies....those faces make me want to hug 'em!

    Love all the Halloween decor!

    Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! I know, Diane....I ate sooo much sugar this weekend! I told myself "NO MORE" but of course today is Halloween so maybe just one bite size Almond Joy......my fave!

    ReplyDelete