Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Across the pond


It makes my day when I see wildlife in my back yard. These deer were on the other side of the pond out front of my studio. Last week, I was walking down the driveway to my studio and lil' bambi was only about 20 yards from me. I didn't see the mama deer and was worried she was an orphan so I was happy to see mama with lil' bambi yesterday. There is a lot of farm land around us and also a large park just south of us so we get a glimpse of wildlife here and there....so far we've seen deer, turkey (as many as 50 at a time), pheasant, coyote, fox, geese, ducks, blue heron & green heron.......oh, and course, the usual bunnies, squirrels, chipmunks, muskrats and many varieties of birds. I am grateful to live here tucked in among the animal's playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment