Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Colors & Textures from the Farm

I love how the rusty brown color of Daisy matches the rusty brown of the tires. She was hunting wabbit in this photo and was lifting the tires with her nose.

The contrast of the blue-ish colored corrugated metal in the back against the old barn wood and the rusty bed frame gives this photo so much personality.

This is a small little building on the farm. I think it housed chickens at one time. The texture of the roof was so awesome but I couldn't quite capture it in the photo, however, it is still interesting with the pretty butter yellow brick against the old wood and roof.

This is one of my favorite photos. Love the one window pane missing and the great color of the barn wood. Not sure what that black paper is, but it sure does add to the photo.

This picture and the one below are of an old rusty trailer. I find it intriguing how the words didn't rust like the rest of the trailer. Great colors!


Ahhh, there's nothing better than old barn wood with chipped red paint! Love the vertical piece of wood with rusty nuts and bolts.

I like the crispness of the window against the blurry side of the black barn reflecting the field and tree. This is a 3rd lil' building on my brother-in-law's property.

Look at the deep texture of this wood! The only thing that would make this picture better is a lil' bird or mouse peeking out of the knot hole!

I liked the harshness of barbed wire against the softness of the foliage. The contrasting colors are equally interesting.

What a cool ol' tire. The colors in this picture are wonderful and I love the green grass surrounding the tire as if "hugging" it.....(am I losing it, or what?)

The above photos are from our vacation at my brother-in-law's farm in Manistee. He and his family have labored many hours cleaning up scrap metal, wire, and many other discarded objects found on the property they purchased a few years ago. However, the things they left add color, texture and interest to the landscape. The 40-acre property consists of a lil' blue ranch-style house along with a barn and a few lil' out buildings. I enjoyed snapping photos of some of the "treasures" from days gone by.

4 comments:

  1. Teresa, your photos are beautiful! I also love your post above about dealing with life's stresses.
    Hugs and Blessings,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE what you love! Thank you for taking us along for such a beautiful walk around the farm~
    Beautiful photographs!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my fellow artists, Michelle and Diane. Great to hear from you! Hope you both are taking time to enjoy the summer! Hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I hope you don't mind but I used the knothole image as part of some cover art of a pair of albums I put together. It's not anything like a major release (closer to something just shared with wide-ish group of friends) but you're fully credited within the liner notes and on the Discogs page http://www.discogs.com/release/2896853
    Any objections and I'll be happy to try something else.

    Thanks and keep up the good work! You have some neat stuff here.

    -marshare

    ReplyDelete