Monday, March 5, 2012

in my glory......


"Merry Christmas"
12x12 acrylic over collage papers (partial)
©Teresa Kogut


I am back to painting angels and soooooo happy!!!!! I had a weird experience with this one.....I am guessing that I put the crackle on too thick because it split the acrylic paint so deep....all the way down to the paper underneath! I have never had that happen before. I kinda like it but kinda not.... it made extra work for me because some of the splits were across her face and she looked like scarface. You can see on the wing toward the top how much the crackle split the paint...crazy....but yet those unexpected things can be wonderful too. It really makes this painting look 1,000 years old (slight exaggeration, but you know what I mean)

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks great...the only time I have had that happen was when I didn't wait long enough for the paint to really dry out hard...but I liked the look, too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the crackled look, really does make it look old, but it didn't take away from the beautiful painting.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete