What an amazing and inspirational event! I attended my first Mary Kay career conference this past Friday and Saturday and came home recharged and ready to enrich women's lives through the Mary Kay opportunity! What impressed me the most was that every speaker gave thanks to God for their Mary Kay career!!! They proudly professed that God is their business partner and all good comes from Him. Where else in the world can you go to a business convention and hear testimonies such as this!!!!
I want to share with you some snippets of advice that I wrote in my notes from some of the speakers. This is advice that is not only for Mary Kay consultants, but anyone can apply this inspirational advice to their own lives.
Oh, first, I must tell you........I have never in my life seen more pink Cadillacs in one parking lot!!!! It was a sea of pink...very cool. Also, the National Sales Directors shared their success stories and I was blown away at how successful ANYONE can be in this business! Nicki Hill from Bay City, Michigan joined Mary Kay in 1998 and in 2000 was already a sales director. So far in her career she has earned 7 free cars (5 of them Cadillacs), a paid-in-full trip to Maui for two (plus $500 cash to spend on the trip), 4 diamond rings, 2 ipads, 2 flat screen tvs and many more prizes.
Sherril Steinman from Pigeon Michigan started her MK business in 1978. She had the good fortune of being trained by Mary Kay Ash herself!!! She even gave a facial to Mary Kay Ash in Paris one time! She has earned 4 million dollars in commissions over the past 35 years......with the highest monthly commission check being $22, 000! (Commissions are not from your own personal sales but a % of the sales your team members make)
Kym Walker of Detroit Michigan started her MK business and in 5 months earned her first car and 3 months later became a sales director. She has earned over 2 million dollars in commissions and her highest monthly commission check was $26.000!
All three of these women had obstacles they had to overcome to be where they are today. Being a wife and mother..... working their full time jobs while building their MK careers. My very own director, Lynn Spencer started her MK career while working 40-50 hours/wk in the medical/health field, 5 young children, her and her husband and children all played baseball plus she and one of her kids where in a running program twice a week......oh and she also found time to volunteer at her church. She earned her first car within her first 5 months! Amazing!
OK, enough stories, I want share with you some quotes that will hopefully inspire you and help you through the rough spots in life:
* What you think about, you bring about.
* Don't take advice from people unless they are where you want to be.
* Fix it or forget it! (Mary Kay Ash said this about your appearance, love it!)
* Find the good in everyone!
* Work smarter, not harder. (example: plan meals for the week on Sunday and make 3-4 meals at a time)
* Turn off the TV and other electronics, and instead read motivational books or watch DVDs.
* Get out of your comfort zone
* Begin with the end in mind (visualize yourself where you want to be)
* Don't make excuses!
* POOR means Passing Over Opportunities Regularly
* Fake it til you feel it! (meaning if you don't "feel" like doing something but have to do it anyway, put on a happy face, be joyful and the next thing you know you will feel happy and joyful)
* Pretend everyone you greet has a sign around their neck that reads "make me feel important"
* The golden rule: Treat others the way you want to be treated.
And the last one.......Kym Walker said during her speech......"if everyone in this hall wrote their obstacles/problems on a sticky note and then posted them up here on the wall behind me but after you posted yours, you had to take someone else's post (obstacles/problems), you'd be searching to take back your own!!" This is so true.....when you think you have it rough, there is always someone else with bigger troubles than your own!
I hope these stories where an inspiration to you and I really hope the quotes will give you a boost when you are down.
Wishing you a fantastical week!!