Friday, June 11, 2010


Because the time is NOW. If you are a crafter, DIY person, passionate about handmade, an entrepreneur or “mompreneur”, THE CREATIVE CONNECTION is for you. Whether you come for one day or all three, THE CREATIVE CONNECTION is the place to nourish and launch your creativity, make new connections and be part of the creative revolution.

SIGN UP SOON and SEE YOU THERE

*************************************************************************************

I cannot tell you how excited I about being a vendor at this event! As soon as I found out about it, I contacted them to ask about becoming a vendor. When I got the email that I was accepted I was dancing around the studio! Then I went to write the dates in my planner and OMG!.....it is the same weekend as our church festival! You have to understand how important our church festival is to our church, our school and our children. My husband is there for set up days before the festival starts, he is there all weekend helping out, his band plays Friday & Saturday night and he is chairperson for tear-down the week after. Our boys are there riding rides and hangin' with friends Thursday night, Friday night, all day Saturday and all day Sunday. I help out serving food, bar tending and monitoring the boys (I only give them a lil' money at a time cuz that way they will check in.....to get more money :) Anyways, we are heavily involved in our church festival.......I must admit it's not all work......we have plenty of fun with all our friends that volunteer, too.

Soooooo, it really deflated my excitement when I realized I would have to miss one of these events. My main concern was for my husband and boys.......it would put extra stress on my hubby because I wouldn't be there to help with the boys. I decided to post my dilemma on facebook to see what kind of reaction I would get. Everyone was very supportive of me going to MN for The Creative Connection Event........my wonderful friends said they would help with our boys (my friends also spend the entire weekend at the festival volunteering) So I took a leap of faith and registered for the show & booked a room yesterday........now it is time to prepare!

If there is any way possible you can attend this event, you should do it. Click here to see what it's all about.

4 comments:

  1. I have sent you an award.
    http://mosaicmagpie.blogspot.com/2010/06/i-awarded-and-passing-it-on.html
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa:
    Thank you so much for your post and for your "leap of faith". I know how important such events are for you, your church, your community, and your family. I do lots of volunteer work and am in charge of several big events - they are a lot of work but they are a ton of fun.

    What I can tell you is that you will learn much at TCC that you will be able to use for your event next year. Look at attending like taking a class with the best teachers in the industry. It is one year lost but so much gained that you can give back.

    We look forward to seeing you at TCC. You will not be sorry. Make sure you are going to the WELCOME DINNER. That is an event you do not want to miss!

    My best always
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo,
    Thank you so much for your encouragment. And yes, I have signed up for the Welcome Dinner. I am very excited to meet you and many others that I have admired, read about, and followed their blogs and/or artwork. Another exciting thing is my best friend is able to attend the show with me! We both are looking forward to a fun-filled 6 days! See you there!

    ReplyDelete